What training will I receive?
All MRC volunteers must complete a general orientation to the program and certain other required training. In addition, elective training is available as needed and desired, including a lending library. (See list below.)
Disaster-related trainings and exercises are offered throughout the year in a variety of media: online, satellite, classroom, hands-on and Just-In-Time.
Is Continuing Education Credit offered for medical professionals?
Continuing Education Credit is offered for some programs, some disciplines and varies from sponsor to sponsor.
- Incident Command System IS – 100
- Incident Command System NIMS IS – 700
- MRC Orientation
- Family Disaster Planning
- Psychological Impacts of Disaster (2 parts online + on-site)
- Infection Control
- Functional Needs Sheltering
- Points of Dispensing
- Strategic National Stockpile
- Risk Communication
- Pandemic Influenza Response
ADDITIONAL TRAINING: Training Matrix May 2011